Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Awake and aware!

It's 6:40am and I am wide awake! Anyone that knows me knows that I am definitely not a morning person but for some reason I am up and in a good mood! I went to sleep early yesterday because I was in a bad mood. Things weren't going my way and it seemed like I was on the defensive all day and I hate feeling that I have to explain myself and my actions. I was irritated and moody so I decided to go to bed early and I woke up an hour ago feeling great!!! I have had time to think about things and I've realized that all of my life I have been a people pleaser. I was never the person that had beef with others b/c I was seen as a sweetheart. I accepted that but when people, men in particular, felt that they could say or do anything and get away with it I decided that I needed to change. First it started with me being honest with myself and others. Then it escalated into doing what I wanted to do instead of worrying about what others think now its to the point where I can't doubt myself or my actions after all is said and done. Not everyone will agree with you and your decisions but as long as you follow your heart then there is no point in having any regrets. Everything happens for a reason and all of the choices I've made have brought me this far and I refuse to turn back...I guess a good night's sleep does a body(and mind)right!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I'm glad you're still writing blog entries. I can completely relate to this one. I'm not at the point you're at, but everything is a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete