Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Reality...Really???

I decided to take a different approach to this post and ask my twitter followers what they wanted me to blog about...most of them said relationship issues which I will talk about in the next blog but my girl @DivaTN said I should talk about reality tv and how its really not anybody's reality. I agree and in fact I feel that a lot of shows on tv today especially shows on BET and VH1 are degrading to black women. I see all of these women whoring themselves for 15 mins of fame. If you wanted to be take seriously as an actress or model reality tv shouldn't be the go to place to get your start. Before these shows people did things the old fashioned way. They went to casting calls and sent their pictures out to different agencies. Even auditioning for music videos is more respectable than going on shows like For the love of Ray J, Real Chance of Love and the worst of them all Flavor of love(unless you are the Superhead type) The thing that makes me really mad is that all these shows have the word love in them like love is some type of game where if you go through enough women kissing and having "intimate" relationships with them you will find someone that can be your soulmate. These shows are shot in a matter of 6-8 weeks and a camera is around at least 12-16 hours a day so how can anyone really find love without the time and privacy it takes for real relationships to develop and grow. I feel that the ladies in the show that feed into the madness(fights, competitions,snitching on others) for publicity or get so caught up in what they are told by different people on what love is that when REALITY hits them it hits hard and hurts. Not everyone can turn their turmoil into fame like New York has so where does this leave these ladies???They are alone and many times have to hustle to keep the little amount of fame that they have. It's a sad and vicious cycle that only continues b/c people like you and I tune in every week to watch the train wreck unfold....if anyone believes for a second that this is real then he/she needs a reality check and they can start by turning off the tv!

5 comments:

  1. Pow!! I love the blog gyrl. I think these shows are pure entertainment at least for me they are but the lil gyrl at home that thinks it's cute and cant wait to grow up to be on tv now that's the part of it that bother's me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yooo, I was thinking this a couple days ago, because O was on Lip Service and he was talking about how most of what happened on the episode of Khloe & Kourtney take Miami [something like that] was just acting. And I know that, that show is not the only show that is clearly NOT reality. I miss good ol' reality TV that's actually REAL. As far as people [not just women] making fools of themselves just to appear on TV, it's really pathetic. People go all out, looking incredibly ridiculous when all they're really accomplishing is making a bad name for themselves once the lights go out and the taping is done with. As soon as those shows are over, they need to step back into the real world & hopefully whatever it is they did on TV won't come back to bite them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea i agree . all of these reality shows is for a CHECK ! Like my homie hotwings said, Chance aint hit her up after the show.It felt as if she had got eliminated...but I think we could put an end to all these fake shows if us the viewers stop watching them !! unfortunately that would be hard for me to do, since it keeps me entertained . lmao..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I agree. You can really tell REALITY TV now a days is really FAKE or staged. The things that happen miraculously makes it so obvious. These shows are just here for entertainment. Its really getting old.

    ReplyDelete