Thursday, October 29, 2009

To forgive and forget...easier said than done!

I am a very forgiving person....too forgiving at times but I feel that you can't be mad at someone forever especially if its over something so petty so if I am angry at someone for a long period of time and I won't let the shit go then its serious. This guy I used to be real cool with when I was younger played me and disrespected me and when I confronted him about it he had no remorse. He looked down upon me and what hurt the most is that he knew me when I was at a low point in my life and was someone who would always be so encouraging and positive. When his attitude towards me did a complete 180 it surprised me at first then angered me. Then I realized why I was so mad. He had changed but for the most part I didn't.I still fed into the insecurities that haunted me when we were younger and I let his opinion about me and my life influence my feelings and behavior towards different situations. It made me so mad because I was always so supportive of him and proud of his accomplishments but when I found out how he flipped on me I wanted him to fail more than anything. His failure wouldn't help me succeed but I wanted him to feel the way I felt. I let him get under my skin and make me bitter and that was the worst thing I could have done. I often wondered about running into him at different places and how I would react towards him.I saw him from a distance recently and tried to avoid confrontation b/c I knew if we spoke I would be mad at myself afterwards for pretending to be nice when in reality I wanted to wring his neck lmao. This situation has been weighing heavily on my mind and I realized that being mad at him is not hurting him especially since he's living life(living it up real nice I might add) and I am still in the same place mentally and physically that I was in b4 any of this drama happened. I need to live my life and be successful in my own right. I feel that you have to have send out positive vibes in the atmosphere for positive things to happen in return. Being mad at him makes me mad at myself and I can't live my life being a bitter person. I forgive him and wish him the best. God has a plan for me that no one can destroy and I know that my success will come in due time. Until then I'm gonna keep pushing...pushing all of the obstacles and negativity out of my way so my vision becomes clearer and within my reach!!!! Much love!

1 comment:

  1. This is so true!! We spend our time being mad at someone for whatever reason and want them to feel the pain we're experiencing, but really its not doing anything. Like you said, they out there living it up, while we stuck here feeling miserable. We just have to suck it up and be smart. If God can forgive, why cant we? When situations like this happen, we gotta remember to let go and let God handle it. He has something better in store for us, so why hold on to the negative things? We gotta live life to the fullest too =D
    *Megan*

    ReplyDelete