Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Once upon a time

You never really know a person even though you hear/read so many things about people online...I wrote this poem trying to put myself in a certain someone shoes trying to relate to her situation...let me know what you think!


It was supposed to be us against the world
But you took the world's side and tarnished what we had
Tore it to pieces like the glass I smashed against the wall
When you told me that you and I are finished

Forever is a long time and you told me that's where our future lied
As soon as others came into our space
You let them shift our plans and change the situation
Now I only have two weeks...to move out that is

You swept me off of my feet
Now I'm trying to pick up the little bit of pride I have left
Before you step and crush my hopes and dreams for my life
Just like you did for the life that we created together

My kids are my only source of sanity
I refuse to let you take that away from me as well
Keep only what you came with in the beginning
Even though we created them together they came from within me

You are the reason I don't believe in fairy tales
My prince has fallen short of my expectations
This chapter in the story of my life has ended
If I could take it back I would have stopped at once upon a time

3 comments:

  1. Wow (clapping hands) U have done it again

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is nice poem i would like say when one door closes another open and that door can lead u to big and better things god is our leader when u put ur hands in his hands life is just being for yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AGREE WITH NYISHA, HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!!! THIS IS YOUR CALLING WRITING THESE LOVELY POEMS!!!!

    ReplyDelete