Sunday, July 5, 2009

Pressure

Like I said in my previous post I love poetry and when the mood hits me I will just sit at my computer and write a poem in less than 10 mins lol..This poem I'm posting was written especially for someone a couple of years back but I am sure many of you can relate to this especially the fellas...its called Pressure...Enjoy!

Everyone is driving me crazy
all these motherfuckers are lazy
People keep calling and demanding so much of my time
I can't fall under pressure
I got so much on my mind that I can't even sleep
All the pain and drama in my life it runs deep
I am supposed to be on 24 hours seven days a week
but I guess I was born with all this pressure
These dudes kill themselves trying to take my style
they only see the outside they can't see all the trials
and tribulations I have gone through to make it this far
these dudes know nothing about pressure
The ladies think I'm cute and they like the way I talk
they love my voice and my smile and they like the way I walk
they treat me like I'm a superstar and I guess to them I am
but I'm not getting paid for all of this pressure
I make this look effortless I make this look good
you gotta stay positive when you've had my childhood
hell my adolescense and my adulthood
have made me built for all of the pressure
When you have seen so much in a short period of time
when people will betray you at the drop of a dime
you gotta be cautious be alert and aware
and that in itself is a lot of pressure
I have big dreams for myself they are at arm's reach
I wanna live, laugh and love and most importantly teach
When people look at my life I want them to see
All of me including the pressure
I asked for this life no one is gonna break me
if they want it all to end they will have to take me
away from this earth because that's the only option
and then they will have to take on the pressure
I will take it all if it will get me to the top
these people just don't know I can't and I won't stop
I won't sacrifice my soul or what I believe it to make it
but I will take on more pressure
My kids and their kids will know that I was the best
I always got my way I never settled for less
My legacy will live on forever and only I will know why
I know all about pressure

1 comment:

  1. This is my fav so far simply becuz its not how i thought it would be just by looking at the title. I like ur poetry skills, hell i wish i could write lol

    ReplyDelete